Late this morning Charlotte asked to visit Jane, Adam's aunt.
I wasn't sure what the day would hold. I wanted to do more work on settling in, and I also felt the lure of the internet -- all the blogs, message boards and email digests I am behind on.
But I listened to my daughter, who it turns out may have been speaking for the Holy Spirit.
I called Jane and asked if today would be a good day to visit. She decided that yes, we could come over in 30 minutes to get in some quality time before Charlotte would need lunch and a nap.
We had a great time together. I gave Jane an invitation to Charlotte's upcoming birthday party. We took a walk down to the mailbox and back, with Charlotte riding on Jane's walker. Charlotte played and colored while I showed Jane how to read this blog. I helped her set up an antivirus program on her computer and showed her how to print photos from a CD. We were about to go over how to use Microsoft Word to create and print letters and labels when Charlotte took off to another part of the house.
Jane said she had better go and make sure Charlotte wasn't getting into anything.
Moments later I heard a crash and Jane crying in pain. I ran down the hall, wondering if Charlotte had somehow tripped her great aunt. No, Charlotte was in a nearby arm chair, playing with the light switches on the wall behind it.
Jane's legs had simply given way without warning.
Jane had me call her sister Anne at work and then decided we needed to call 911. Her left leg is broken, and will require surgery. Prayers are appreciated.
I'm just so glad we were there when it happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment