My textbook recording has two steps:
1) read straight through, saying "Take Two" to note any redos or mistakes
2) listen back and edit out the mistakes, background noises, burps, etc.
Step One Recording requires a quiet house, so someone needs to watch Charlotte elsewhere or she needs to be sleeping. On days when Charlotte doesn't nap, as long as I have some recorded files that need editing, I can still work in the afternoon by doing Step Two.
Today she entertained herself (and me :-D) quite well. As I listened to myself read about aging and older adulthood, she did the following:
- giggled while chasing Andy in circles from the living room through the office to the hallway and back again
- got out her doctor kit and put the stethoscope up to Andy's chest, making appropriate "boom-boom" noises for his heartbeat
- blew raspberries on an exercise ball
- laid on the floor kicking the exercise ball and talking to herself
- got out and played with various electronic noisemaking toys
- asked me for a banana and ate two thirds of it
- asked to nurse
No comments:
Post a Comment