Monday, September 13, 2010

Just Between Friends Sale

Yesterday I volunteered at the Just Between Friends consignment sale from 1pm to 4pm.  I signed up to volunteer not only so that I could earn an extra 5% commission on the 30 or so items I contributed to the sale, but also in the hopes that I would meet some friends.

Well, so far I've only sold one $4 item, so my volunteer hours netted me an extra 20 cents.  As for my other goal, the work turned out not to be quite as social as I hoped, but I did make one contact that I think will pay off. 

South Valley Mommies, an online community that also organizes playdates, had a booth at the sale.  I spoke with their event manager Monica.  She has a 2.5 year old boy and moved to the area without knowing anyone not too long before he was born, so we have that in common.  She made the kind suggestion that if I want to attend an event but feel nervous about not knowing anyone, that I could call to make sure she will be there so there is at least one friendly face.  

I also purchased some winter clothes for Charlotte at the sale.  I found the cutest Little Red Riding Hood themed outfit with black corduroy pants trimmed in red satin ribbon, a long sleeve t-shirt with all over red riding hood/wolf print and a matching little red shrug with a red riding hood scene embroidered on the front and black satin ribbons on the shoulders.  The whole outfit was only $5.50!  I also got a Minnie Mouse hooded long sleeve t-shirt with jeans for $5, a purple waterproof hooded coat for $5, an outfit with flowered purple pants and a long-sleeve t-shirt with an owl saying "I give a hoot" for $3, and two more long-sleeve shirts for $1 each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment