I went up to Visalia today for a cardiology appointment to follow up on the event monitor I've had for the past few weeks.
The palpitations I am having are called PVC's, which means they are essentially extra electrical impulses or beats in the left ventricle. The good news is they are pretty much harmless.
The bad news is there is not really anything to do to stop them -- I could take anti-arrhythmia drugs or something similar but the doctor said my condition was not serious enough to warrant risking the side-effects, which could include causing further (and more dangerous) arrythmias. So I'll just have to learn to ignore the palpitations. Now that I know they are no big deal and I'm not supposed to record them, it should be a piece of cake to pay them no attention.
Speaking of cake, I asked Dr. Bhajal for a second opinion on the "no chocolate" verdict.
The very good news is that he thinks there is no reason for me to avoid it!
No comments:
Post a Comment