We went to a play date on Monday. During a short period outside, Charlotte had a broom that a little boy wanted to play with. She was upset because he was trying to grab it away from her, and she called for help.
I suggested that she think of a way to take turns with the boy. "The boy wants a turn with the broom. Do you think you could play with it for a few more minutes and then let him have a turn? Or, look, he has a hammer. Maybe you can trade him."
Charlotte immediately held out the broom to the boy and asked if she could trade him for the hammer.
When it was time to go inside, Charlotte--without any prompting--started to tidy up the outdoor toys and put them back in the play house and sandbox where they were when we started playing. I helped her tidy up and encouraged her by saying, "You tidied up the toys. That was very responsible and helpful of you!"
I'm so proud of my delightful sweet girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment