We spent Saturday evening in Fresno. Our plan was to visit the famed Christmas Tree Lane, a two mile stretch of Van Ness Avenue that goes all out on Christmas decorations every year.
We exited Highway 41 at Shields Avenue. The line stretched all the way back to Blackstone. The map below illustrates our route.
View Larger Map
Extreme traffic congestion and cars breaking into line at intersections meant that it took us two hours to drive the 3/4 of a mile between Blackstone and Van Ness! Charlotte and I got out of the car and walked across the street to use the bathroom at a gas station as we approached Maroa, and we easily found Adam and the car again since he had only gone a few feet forward.
Once we were on the Lane, it took another two hours to make our way down the two mile stretch. Charlotte and I got out and walked so we could get a better look at everything, stretch our legs and burn off energy. We walked about a mile up and back before rejoining Adam in the car. When we got back in I let Charlotte sit on my lap so she could see out the window better. We put her back in her seat after we passed the the final house on the lane just before the turn in the road -- the one with the big clock tower.
I didn't bring a camera, but I found the pictures below on various sites around the web to capture the flavor of what we saw.
More pictures and information about the lane can be found at the following websites:
After our trip down Christmas Tree Lane, we made a stop at In N Out for a late supper before heading home.




No comments:
Post a Comment