Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good idea in theory

Today after the museum, Charlotte and I went to lunch at a cute sandwich shop in Visalia called The Lunch Box.  I ordered her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which turned out to be huge and thickly slathered with both ingredients.  We took the uneaten portion in a to go box and ran a few more errands.

When we got home, Charlotte asked for her lunch box.  I got the sandwich for her and she sat at the table eating it for a while. 

Then we went outside and worked on filling the compost bin that I made out of a plastic garbage can.  Before too long, I smelled an unpleasant smell that had nothing to do with the manure or kitchen scraps comprising the "green" ingredients in our compost bin mix.

So after a changing what turned out to be a pretty heinous diaper, I decided to give C a bath.  We got her clean and then she was playing around with her bath toys.  I went to check email (the computer is just outside her bathroom and I can see her from there). 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her get out of the tub, and then heard her playing in the kitchen.  A few minutes later I saw her climb back in.  Then she got out again and came to me, holding out a portion of soggy peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Bite mama?" she generously offered.

Um, no thanks, sweetie!

It was a struggle not to laugh, wondering what had been going through her little mind.

Then I saw the mess in the tub, and it wasn't quite so funny.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment