Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bathroom Makeover

When we moved in, we found a ruffled beige shower curtain and beige bath mats in the guest bathroom/Charlotte's bathroom. I really don't care for beige and wanted to replace them with bathroom decorations of our own, but put it off as a low priority project. In the meantime livened it up as much as I could with some nautical themed items: a red hand towel, a lighthouse candle holder and mirror, a small model ship, and a painting of a harbor.

Over the holidays, I put a colorful Christmas rug in the bathroom and realized how much the additional color cheered the place up. My interest in redecorating the bathroom surged higher once again. With Adam working, we have a little room in our budget for such extravagances, so I did a little online browsing yesterday to find out which stores carried what I was looking for (in keeping with the existing marine/nautical theme). Kmart had my favorite shower curtain design, so Charlotte and I headed there this morning.

Here's our result:
DSC049600001

Charlotte picked out the yellow bath mats ("I like yellow the best" she said), and I love how cheerily they coordinate with the yellow fish of the curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment