We've moved to Tulare. Visit often to keep up with us, and in particular the most rapidly changing members of the family, Charlotte and Zachary!
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Like Mother Like Daughter
Charlotte got her hair cut yesterday. At first we asked for two inches off, but then Charlotte asked for it to be a little shorter still. It just so happened to turn out to be almost the same length as my hair, which is growing out from a pixie cut.
Charlotte also asked the hairdresser to blow her hair out straight. She said she didn't want curly hair any more.
The result wasn't exactly straight. Her hair definitely wants to be curly and even fresh from the salon it was still vaguely wavy, and by the time we got home it was curly again.
So we are alike in another way.
I remember being about Charlotte's age and envying/coveting the thick, glossy straight bangs on my kindergarten classmates. I wanted my hair to be like that so much that I snuck off with my mom's scissors and cut my own bangs. I was bitterly disappointed that cutting and wishing did not change the texture of my hair one bit!
This week I finally got a formal diagnosis of ADHD. My childhood of fidgetiness, forgetfullness and daydreaming followed by my teen years of bad driving, forgotten homework assignments, and my adulthood of anxiety, depression and brain fog resulting in silly, costly and sometimes dangerous mistakes finally made sense.
As I watch Charlotte interact with the world, I wonder if we are alike in this way as well?
I'll definitely be bringing it up with her pediatrician next time we go in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment