This morning, she asked me to tell her Little Red Riding Hood again. I encouraged her to do the telling by stopping frequently and asking her what happened next and what the characters said. I went with any changes she made, and here is what we came up with:
Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Little Red Riding Hood. She walked through the forest to her house and she asked her mommy for some cookies to take to Grandma's house. Her mommy came with her to take the cookies to Grandma's house. On the way, they met the Big Wad Bulf. He said, "May I have some cookies please?" and Little Red Riding Hood said, "NO!" Then they got to Grandma's house and Little Red Riding Hood's mommy opened the door because Little Red Riding Hood couldn't reach it. The Big Bad Wolf came again and asked for cookies, and Little Red Riding Hood said, "NO!" So the Big Bad Wolf made his own cookies and ate them all up. He made them out of dirt!
Next I told her Three Little Pigs. When I got to the part about the house of bricks standing up, she said, "No, it fell down, and the Big Bad Wolf asked the pigs to come to his house."
When I asked her what happened next, she said:
The wolf knocked on the door and said, "Little Pigs, Little Pigs let me in," and they said, "Not chin chin chin," and he blew the wolf's house down!I said, "Oh no, he blew down his own house! Now no one has a place to live! Where will they go?"
"To his sister's house," Charlotte said.
No comments:
Post a Comment