Friday, August 12, 2011

Foot Soak

We've been reading Little House on the Prairie to Charlotte at bedtime.

She's been most interested so far in the chapter when Ma gets hurt by a log falling on her foot while they're building their log cabin.  The log sprains Ma's ankle and she soaks it in hot water every night until it is better.

Last week Charlotte stepped on something (she says a necklace) and got a small scrape on the bottom of her foot.  She told me about it but I didn't see anything so I kissed it and that was it or so I thought.  

A few days later, she kept turning her foot over to look at it and said it hurt.  Then I saw that the spot was a little red and infected looking.

She didn't want to let me touch it, but I knew it needed to be cleaned out and bandaged.

So I told Charlotte that she was going to soak her foot, just like Ma.

I stopped up the sink and filled it with warm water, and then had Charlotte sit on the counter with her feet in the water.  

I started to pretend that we were at a spa and I was giving her a pedicure.  When I rubbed "lotion" into her feet, I really was cleaning out the sore, and at the end I put a Curious George bandage on the sole of her foot.  

One morning a few days later, I was outside tending the chickens and Adam noticed he hadn't seen Charlotte in a while.

He found her in the bathroom like this:


Apparently she's a fan of foot soaks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment