Sunday, October 3, 2010

What's your Season?

Ever since I read Color Me Beautiful as a young girl, I've been fascinated by color theory and what colors look good on me and others. Initial typing indicated that I was an Autumn. I discovered that rich earthy colors that I had previously considered "ugly" looked good on me, and I began to embrace them and see their beauty. But the theory wasn't perfect and not all Autumn colors worked. Meanwhile, and I received compliments when I wore some colors from other seasons.

This week I found a site offering a cool refinement of color theory: each season has three varieties, bringing the total seasons to twelve.

Take the quiz here


I'm not sure if I'm a Deep Winter or Deep Autumn. After so much time thinking of myself as an Autumn, it's intriguing to consider that I may be Deep Winter. I do like the way I look in some clear cool colors like burgundy, fuschia and lavender, but I also like the way I look in warm greens and rich warm reds. Either way, rich dark colors and jewel tones are on the palette.

Today for church I wore a white shirt with black pants, used slightly darker eye makeup than I have lately, and wore a dark pink lipstick instead of my usual earthy shimmer. My guiding thought as I got dressed was to embrace the high contrast and cool yet rich tones that should work for a Deep Winter and see how it turned out.

Maybe I'll post some pics of me in this and different looks and get some second opinions from whoever is reading.

So, what's your type? Comment or email me with your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment