Charlotte has been a little song bird lately and picks up quickly on lyrics to songs. Recently I taught her "Doe a Deer" from The Sound of Music. The other day, she and I went out to look at the neighbor's steer. It came over to the fence and we talked to it and about it for a while. She called it a cow, and every time I called it a steer, she said, "No, it's not female deer. No drop golden sun. No name call myself."
I also taught her to sing a song I learned in Girl Scouts that goes,
Little cabin in the woodsFor a while she was requesting to sing this song by saying, "Hunter shoot me dead?"
Little man by the window stood
Saw a rabbit hopping by,
Knocking at my door
"Help me, help me, sir," he said
"Before the hunter shoots me dead!"
"Come, little rabbit, come inside,
Happy we will be."
C likes to play tea party and pretend to bake cake. She will ask, "What cake you want?" but no matter what flavor you say, she'll say, "No, you have strawberry shortcake."
The other day I went outside for a moment to check on the chickens. When I came back in, I found that Charlotte had obtained strawberries from the freezer and placed one in each of her toy teacups, and topped each of them with a dollop of ketchup. "I made you strawberry shortcake!" she proudly announced. I was quite impressed that she didn't make a mess and had already put the bag of strawberries back in the freezer and bottle of ketchup back in the refrigerator. I did, however, wash the ketchup off the strawberries before eating them.
No comments:
Post a Comment