Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween!


On Tuesday, we found out that Chacha and Bobo (aka Mark and Shelly) would be coming over to Trick or Treat a day early.  Charlotte carried her costume supplies over to Pake and Beppe's to wait for her cousins.


Chacha and Bobo finally arrived, bearing lots of treats, including Sonic slushies for everyone!


Shelly gave everyone treats in clever packaging:  Rotten Pumpkin Teeth, Mini Pumpkin Balls (cheese puffs), and Witches' Brooms (pretzel sticks stuck in mini Reese's cups).

Owen and Sophie looked adorable in their Neverland costumes.  I wish I could post the sound of the bells on Sophie's shoes ringing as she walked.  Charlotte tried her flower pot costume on for size over her regular clothes.  We made it entirely out of items purchased at Dollar Tree: silk flowers, a laundry basket with the bottom cut out, a jump rope, a feather boa and three curly ribbons stuck to a headband.

The next night we had a fun photo session before heading out trick or treating:

Here's a good shot of Charlotte's final hair and makeup look.  The pink ribbons lost their stickiness and wouldn't stay on the headband, so I improvised a fabulous head full of flowers and ladybugs in the style of one of Charlotte's favorite characters, Fancy Nancy.  Sparkly pink and purple eye shadow completed the look.


I love these smiles I captured from each of my kids ... too bad they're not in the same picture!


Our trick or treating route took us to Pake and Beppe's, then to Don and Velma's, then to Anne and Jane's and finally to my friend Jaimee's house for a Halloween party and trick or treating around her neighborhood.

Charlotte found the basket a little difficult to walk in, even after we hiked it up as high as we could get it.  After a trip around the block, she was done with trick or treating.  

We returned to Jaimee's house for a Halloween-themed dinner.  Charlotte got a kick out of the "mummy dog" (hot dog wrapped with strips of puff pastry), and witch's hat  (Hershey Kiss affixed with icing to a chocolate covered shortbread cookie).  My favorite part of dinner were the "burnt fingers" (blue-cheese stuffed figs wrapped with bacon).  I had a whole hand's worth!

I didn't get a picture of Zachary in his cozy bear costume last night, but here is a scanned photo from his four month portrait session:

No comments:

Post a Comment