Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Surprise Party!

Last night I headed up to Applebee's thinking I was meeting my friend Corrie for a nice mom's night out.

She surprised me by having almost all the moms from our Monday morning playgroup there for a baby shower for me and another mom in our group who is also due in June!

One of the moms had decorated the table with lavender, green and white paper onesies on sticks standing in little round bowls full of chocolate mints.  In between each of those were tiny purple and white flower arrangements and sprinklings of confetti.

They treated me to a virgin cocktail (I chose frozen mango lemonade) and paid for my steak dinner.

Gifts included a diaper cake, adorable baby boy clothes in bigger sizes, a gift certificate to an online cloth diaper store, some lotions and creams, and two activities for Charlotte to do while I'm busy with the baby.  One is a big ziplock bag containing pasta in different shapes dyed in neon colors and several pipe cleaners for stringing them like beads. The other is an "I Spy Bag" which is basically a bean bag with a see-through window on one side and lots of cool little objects mixed in with the beans, like a penny and a plastic whale.

We had wonderful conversations and it was great to get to know them all better than is possible for two hours at a time with kid interruptions on our Monday get-togethers!

I left feeling so special and loved.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment