I did a little shopping followed by some minor redecorating today.
The shelves in the picture below were previously a respository for mail and random junk we didn't really have a place for. Now it's still cluttered, but at least it's with beautiful objects that make me happy to see!
The clock and empty green picture frame are a few of today's purchases that I'm waiting to find just the right home for.
I slightly re-did the collection of knick-knacks on the shelves above the TV. On the top shelf, I filled the vase with fake lemons purchased today, moved the vase of flowers from its previous location near the couch, and the milk bottle from its former home over by the microwave. On the bottom shelf, the mini-mailbox and ceramic bird (new purchases) join the candles and iris tin that were moved from other locations in the house.
Here's a close-up of the candles in front of the TV, the knick-knacks inside the cabinet, and close-ups of the new purchases.
This corner is home to Charlotte's calm-down area and our stereo. I added the tray and filled it with candles and a little frog figurine I bought in college.
Here's a closeup of the little metal singing froggy on the tray. I love him!
Here is my Bible study and calm-down area. I already had the vase, artificial irises and the tray. I added new artificial peonies, roses and a dahlia to round out the bouquet.
Yesterday at MOPS our table leader gave me this nifty green box ... looks just about right for corralling our mail! Added the flowers and the family photo to further discourage deposition of mail elsewhere on the counter. (The purple cylinder is a foam block belonging to Charlotte!)
Just for fun, my collection of dishes.
The green Corelle set was another purchase today, on sale!
No comments:
Post a Comment