Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tasha and other silliness

For the past few days, Charlotte has been insisting that her name is "Tasha."  She calls me "Uniqua" and Adam "Tyrone."  She calls Andy "Austin" and her Pake "Pablo."  (Brenda asked for a name too but Charlotte says, "Your name is Beppe!")

Those are all characters from a show she likes called Backyardigans.

I told her that I missed Charlotte.  "Where did Charlotte go?"  I asked.

Tasha: "Charlotte went on vacation.  She's up there on the ceiling fan, going round and round."

***

We were driving down the street after Bible study last week and Charlotte complained that the sun was too bright.

"What can we do about it?" I asked her.

"Oh!  I have a green umbrella here in my backpack," she said.  "Let me pop it up.  Here you go!"

I pretended to grab it and said, "Thank you!"

"Oh, you're welcome!" she said.

***

Today we were visiting Pake and Beppe and Charlotte was playing on the porch.  She was frustrated with Rosie trying to lick her, and then we heard her say, "Rosie, I'll offer you a deal!"


No comments:

Post a Comment