| Practicing her kicks |
![]() |
| From July 23, 2011 |
| Blowing bubbles in a ring (I missed the moment when she actually put her face in the water!) |
Last Friday, toward the end of class, the teachers encouraged the kids to practice jumping in the pool from the edge, and then gave them an opportunity to go off the diving board. Last week, Charlotte declined and said she'd rather watch.
This week, Charlotte was eager to go off the "dining board."
| Ready, set ... |
| Go! |
| More please! |
"Mama! Can I do that?" she asked, pointing to the high dive.
"Sure, if you want to," I said with a little trepidation.
"I'll go with her," the teacher reassured me.
And so they went. Watch!
![]() |
| From July 23, 2011 |
When the whistle blew to signal the end of the lesson, her teacher took her to the office to get a popsicle and a report card. The report card said she had successfully completed all skills except an unsupported prone glide.
Charlotte asked if we could go back to the pool on Monday. Public swim is from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, and it's $1.50 for Charlotte and $2.00 for me. It would be fun ... but it's also during prime naptime hours! Maybe we can go from 2:00 - 3:00 and then still have time for a late nap.


No comments:
Post a Comment