Saturday, December 4, 2010

O Tannenbaum

We bought a seven foot REAL Christmas tree today!  The plan is to enjoy a real tree this year and then find a great deal on an artificial pre-lighted tree at the after Christmas sales.

Around 6:00 p.m., we headed to a lot on the corner of Mooney and Tulare Avenue.  I drove Charlotte in my car and Adam followed in Pake's pickup truck.  We picked out a tree and had them hold it while we went to get cash to pay for it, with a stop at Target to buy lights and a tree stand.  We had trouble making a decision on which lights to buy and by the time we checked out it was past dinner time so we ate at Target's food court area before heading back to the lot to pay for the tree and load it up.  By the time we got it home it was too late to start working on setting it up, so it is currently in Pake and Beppe's garage. 

Tomorrow the Sierdsma family is having a little party to help Beppe decorate her house, and also to celebrate Jane's birthday which was earlier this week.  During the party, Adam and his brothers will set up the tree.  I don't know if I'll have time to decorate it right away or if it will have to wait until Monday.

I'll share some pictures as soon as it's finished!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment